Just a tip on how to move close, maximize and minimize icons to top right of a window in Ubuntu 11.10.
- Press Alt + F2 to open Dashboard Home (you may need to press Fn or similar keys in some laptops ; it does in mine of Dell)
- Enter gconf-editor in Search area and press enter. It should open the Configuration Editor window.
- Go and open apps > metacity > general.
- Double click button_layout to edit its Value
- Enter :minimize,maximize,close in the Value field and save with Ok.
System windows will have those buttons to the top right of them now.
(Courtesy of some internet fellows)